Table of contents
Everyone is off by plus or minus a few centimeters, including this page. People use slightly different start / end points when measuring. Use it as an approximate guidance and not exact measurements.
For the lightning cabinet, the values were obtained using a measuring tape.
The height from top of the bass platform to the button panel is 90cm. It is the same for both Lightning Model cabinets and the old cabs. This is measured from the top surface of the bass platform to the top of the acrylic panel that the buttons are inserted to.
When you are playing at the arcade, you would have shoes on (hopefully), but when you are playing at home, you may not be wearing any shoes. This means you may need to compensate by having your home setup a few centimeters lower.
On lightning model cabs, this is around 131.5cm.
On old cabs, distance from top of the bass platform to the red judgement line is about 127cm-130cm. This depends on model of the monitor of course, which varies depending on the cab.
Measured from the right edge of 1P button 7 to left edge of 2P button 1 - it should be around 19.0-19.2cm. The edge starts where the button holder (black plastic) ends. There is a little bit of a wiggle room as to how buttons are inserted, hence a few millimeters of variance.
For SP players – using the above measurement, we can derive that:
- Rightmost edge of 1P button 7 (or leftmost edge of 2P button 1) is around 9.5 cm away from the horizontal center of the screen.
This assumes that you are using the same size monitor as the arcade, though. If your screen is smaller, you’ll want to move a little closer to the middle.
- These are accurate numbers obtained using a measuring tape.
- Screen is a 43” class panel - see this page for more about monitors. The visible area is a bit smaller, little bit over 42”.
- Roughly speaking, center of each turntable align with edges of the main monitor.
- Note that lightning cab does not have the black leather-bound cushion part on the front. This is the main reason for players thinking that LM cabs are lower than old cabs (even though they are the same); it’s because they stand closer to it.
Here is another player who measured things with a measuring tape. They also have some additional measurements.
This page has accurate measurements taken from an old cabinet. According to the page,
- Bass platform is 10cm.
- Bass platform to key panel is 90cm.
- For LCD cabs, key panel (measured from wood, not acrylic panel) to bottom of monitor is 23.5cm.
To get an equivalent experience, use an FOV calculator as explained here, which would give you an accurate screen distance to compensate for monitor size difference.
A page on the-safari regarding home Infinitas setup using two PHOENIXWANs.
This video is also a good resource explaining dimensions of the old cab.