Table of contents
Please consider this a bonus page, unrelated to IIDX. This is a page saved from another website that no longer exists, but the information is too valuable.
Here is a list of small-ish (20”-27”) touch screen monitors and their sample rate (poll time) measured with mouserate application.
You want at least 200Hz for fast-paced rhythm games to be playable, but in reality, higher the better. For general application usage, you want something around 100Hz for a good tablet-like experience, but 60Hz is acceptable if you are not too picky.
Note that this is just based on user data, there is no guarantee that a model manufactured on a certain date uses a specific touch controller - your mileage may vary.
And of course, IR touch screen sensors are also a thing, but they are not covered here.
- 2013 Manufacturing Date: (Unknown month) 200Hz
- 2014 Manufacturing Date:
- May: 200Hz
- September: 180Hz
- 2015 Manufacturing Date:
- February: 200Hz
- March: 200Hz
- September: 200Hz
- Late 2016 Manufacturing Date: 140Hz
- Early 2017 Manufacturing Date: 180Hz
- Mid 2017 Manufacturing Date: 140Hz
- February 2018 Manufacturing Date: 180Hz
- Oct 2012 Manufacturing Date: 180Hz
- November 2015 Manufacturing Date: 60Hz
- May 2018 Manufacturing Date: 60Hz
- Revision B1: 180Hz
- August 2021: 130Hz
- 83Hz - confirmed by sales rep