Table of contents
Here is a list of small-ish (20”-27”) touch screen monitors and their sample rate (poll time) measured with mouserate application.
You want at least 200Hz for rhythm games to be playable, but in reality, higher the better. For general application usage, you want something around 100Hz for a good tablet-like experience, but 60Hz is fine too if you are not too picky.
Note that this is just based on user data, there is no guarantee that a model manufactured on a certain date uses a specific touch controller - your mileage may vary.
And of course, IR touch screen sensors are also a thing, but they are not covered here.
- 2013 Manufacturing Date: (Unknown month) 200Hz
- 2014 Manufacturing Date:
- May: 200Hz
- September: 180Hz
- 2015 Manufacturing Date:
- February: 200Hz
- March: 200Hz
- September: 200Hz
- Late 2016 Manufacturing Date: 140Hz
- Early 2017 Manufacturing Date: 180Hz
- Mid 2017 Manufacturing Date: 140Hz
- February 2018 Manufacturing Date: 180Hz
- November 2015 Manufacturing Date: 60Hz
- May 2018 Manufacturing Date: 60Hz
- Revision B1: 180Hz
- August 2021: 130Hz